Thanks to recent rain and cooler temperatures, the Fire Danger rating in Otter Point has dropped to HIGH. As Of Monday, September 13th The Camp Fire fire ban has been lifted in the Otter Point fire district. This will include backyard Incinerators.(Burn barrels)
Please see below for current regulations for Campfires and Incinerators:
Beach and Camp Fires
Beach and camp fires are allowed all year round except during Extreme Fire Hazard periods.
Beach and camp fires shall not exceed 1 meter in diameter and 1 meter in height. All beach and camp fires must be contained by a suitable receptacle made of fire proof materials (such as rocks or metal) that completely surround the fire. Fires are to be continuously controlled and supervised by a competent person until fire is completely extinguished.
Incinerators with a proper screen do not require a permit. Incinerators can be used all year round except during Extreme Fire Hazard periods.
The owner of any incinerator shall:
- maintain the incinerator in a condition that provides for the proper combustion of any material burned;
- ensure that any burning is supervised and that any equipment necessary for fire control is available;
- ensure that the domestic incinerator is located at least:
- (i) 1.5 meters from any grass, shrubbery or wooden fence; and
- (ii) 7.6 meters from any building;
- ensure that the commercial or industrial incinerator is located at least:
- (i) 3 meters from any grass, shrubbery or wooden fence; and
- (ii) 10 meters from any building